Adding Externally Hosted Videos to a Session
|1. Navigate to the Speaker Portal|
|2. Select Speaker Details|
|3. Once there, scroll down to find your sessions and click on the title of one to be taken to its session details page.|
|4. Once you are on the session details page, click on the Manage Video heading tab.|
5. Select your desired player from the drop-down.
6.*Note: The "Evia Live Stream" option will allow you to embed players that are not in Hubb's list of standard partners. In order to use this feature, please provide a direct player URL to your chosen video provider. Please note that as this feature loads an iFrame of another site, Hubb cannot guarantee full functionality of all features, including reporting or video scheduling features.
|7. Once you have chosen your desired partner, you will be prompted to enter the videos ID into another box below the video type. You can find your video's ID in the URL of the video. For example, if the URL of the video you want to embed is: "https://vimeo.com/397439878" your id is the numbers found after the "/". In this case, it would be 397439878. Add this number to the box below.|
8. The last step is to set the display configuration of the video. Make sure to choose Visible if you want your video to appear. You can also choose from the following 3 options for when to display the video:
Always Show: Will show the video on the session page at all times
During Session Time Slot: Will only show the video on the session page during the associated time slot
Custom Time: This will allow you to set custom start and end dates and times for the video to display.
Once you have done this, hit Save in the upper right corner.
Please note that for Youtube videos the video ID is typically found after the "=" in the URL. For example, if your Youtube URL was "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoxFgOmrNXk", then your video ID would be LoxFgOmrNXk.
For video size and format specifications please see Best Practices For Uploading Videos.
Adding Hubb Hosted Video to a Session
1. Navigate to the Manage Video Tab
|2. Select Hubb Video from the drop-down list.
If you do not see Hubb Video as an option and would like to utilize this please contact support or your account manager.
|3. Click Choose File.|
4. Select the desired video and click upload.
|5. While the video is uploading, a "Please wait" spinner will appear on the page. Do not navigate away from this page until the video is finished uploading, and the "Please wait" message disappears.
6. After the video has been uploaded, click Save in the top right corner. The video will now process. At this point, you can navigate away from the page.
Please note: Processing times will vary depending on video quality and size.
|7. Once the video finishes processing, the video will appear on the preview page, and the message "Video is Processed" will be displayed.|
Embedding Livestreams to a Session
Livestream video uses the same process described above with one exception: Getting the video ID.
- Go to the event URL without the embed section (for example https://vimeo.com/event/00000)
- Click on the share button that is on the right-hand side of the video player.
- Copy the ID of the video player in the "Embed" section of the share popup as seen in the image below.
- Please note that you may need to copy the embed code to a document editor depending on your browser as some only allow you to select the entire code.
- Insert the player ID as described in the earliest section of this article.
Vimeo Share Pop-Up Example